I've been home for 12 days now. 12 good days. Mr. Purrington was SO happy to see me. As I was with him. He's kept me in his sight and showered me with headbutts and kisses. It's been sweet. My apartment was in pristine condition, thanks to my amazing friends who looked after it while I was away. I've been continuing ECT treatments MWF since I've been home. We're doing one more week of that and then we're going to start tapering off. I'm looking forward to not having such intense treatments so often. But I have to say they are working. I've had good days since I've been home. I feel more hopeful than I have in years. I feel like maybe there can be a future and I am looking forward to what that might be. I've been able to do some art with some friends, which I have been enjoying. My parents were up for a visit last week and that went really well. I think it was good for them to see me in this vulnerable situation. I'm grateful for my time in the hospital. I learned a lot about myself and about others in the same situation. I gained more compassion and empathy towards myself and others. I'm grateful I was in a safe place where I could learn and grow and heal. I'm grateful for the doctors and nurses and everyone else who gave of their time and energy to make the hospital a safe and healing environment. I'm grateful for the friends I made in the hospital. I'm grateful we were there to support and build up one another during a very difficult time. But of course I am so grateful now to be home, back in my space and with my baby boy. I go back to the hospital tomorrow for my ECT. I'm grateful I can do it as an outpatient. Mostly today I'm grateful for good days.

No comments:
Post a Comment