Monday, January 7, 2019

Mr. Purrington 7/19/2011 - 12/28/2018

I have to write about this. December 28, 2018. Mr. Purrington had been sick for a couple days. Christmas Eve he started vomiting. He vomited three times that night. It's not overly unusual for him to vomit like that. I figured he had an upset stomach and that it would pass. It didn't. I woke up at 1:30pm on Friday, December 28, 2018 and went out to the living room to find Mr. Purrington. I knew immediately when I saw him that he was gone. I could just tell. He was half way under the couch. I touched his body and he was stiff. My baby boy was dead. My baby boy was dead. My whole body went numb. I didn't know what to do. I started calling everyone I could think of that might be able to come help me. Everyone was in shock, no one could believe it. My dear friend came over to help me with the body. We wrapped him in one of my shirts. I didn't lift him out. I couldn't. My friend was kind and gentle enough to do that for me. I didn't have enough money to cremate him, so she offered to let me bury him in her back yard. So we put Mr. Purrington in a box and drove to her house. Her husband dug a nice hole at the edge of the back yard and we tenderly place my boy, still wrapped in my shirt, in the hole and covered him up. It was the most difficult thing I have ever done. We placed a cement block as a marker of where he is.

I can't believe it. I still can't believe it. It happened so fast. How could my precious boy be gone? He was loving, and gentle, and funny, and a little bit mysterious. But mostly he was pure love. He loved me unconditionally and without hesitation. If anyone knew me completely, all my flaws and strengths and weaknesses, my ups and downs and everything in between, and loved me anyway, it was Mr. Purrington. I miss him more than I can say. I love him more than I ever thought was possible to love. He was my guardian and my strength. We were as close as two beings can be. And now, now he is gone. And I am heartbroken. My soul hurts and my heart hurts. I just can't believe it.

I hope he is free. I hope he is happy. I hope he is at peace. I hope he is running and playing and causing all sorts of mischief. And I hope he comes around once in awhile. I hope he pokes me with his little paw when he wants attention. No one will ever replace my Mr. Purrington. He will forever hold my heart. I miss him. I love him.

Rest in peace, my angel.




No comments:

Post a Comment