When I saw the doctor on Oct 4th, two days after I was discharged from the hospital, I scored a 16 on their depression scale. The next week when I saw a different doctor I scored a 14. Yesterday I saw the mental health counselor and I scored a 7. That's good! I'm happy with that score. I'm happy to see I have made progress and am feeling more like myself every day. Tomorrow I'm going in for my 18th ECT. We've just been doing one a week for a few weeks, then I believe we're doing once or twice a month. Hopefully soon I'll be completely done. I've had such amazing support with these ECTs. I've never once had to worry about transportation. People have been so willing to help in any way they could. I have been so grateful. I truly know the best people. I've been pleased with ECT overall and am so grateful for this form of therapy that was introduced to me when I felt so hopeless and helpless. It's been a lifechanger. I signed up and completed a survey on Borderline Personality Disorder for NAMI, National Alliance on Mental Illness. There was about 20 questions and it took about 30 minutes. They asked about my experience with my symptoms and what treatments I've tried and what's been effective. I was happy to help with research and I get a $50 gift card for completing the survey. So that's cool too. My meds haven't changed since I left the hospital. It's nice to have consistency there again. These meds are working well so I just leave them be.
All in all things are moving in a good direction. I am feeling better and stronger each day. I can still feel the depression, and I still feel fragile. I think I always will. That's just life. But I can see definite improvements over the last several months, and I'll take it!

No comments:
Post a Comment