Tell me your story. Tell me what happened to you. What made you into who you are? Tell me how your heart soared, how it expanded. How it learned. Tell me how your heart aches, how it broke. How it heals. Tell it all to me. Tell me how you conquer, how you triumph, how you crumble and how you rebuild. I want to know your story. I want to know you. The genuine, raw, naked you. What happened to you; in you?
So we write our story. And everything that happened. We write to figure out who we are. What we think. How we feel. It's all written, engraved on our hearts. Some things we share, some stay secret and hidden within us. But it is us. It is you. Everything that's happened, it is you.
We all have a story to share. One that's constantly shifting and changing and shaping to mold to what surrounds us. But at the core is where we are. And that doesn't shift and change. At least it shouldn't. We are who we are for a reason and we should embrace every part of that.
I've been thinking about my story. My attempt at writing this blog has been to share with others what has made me who I am and what I have learned along that path. I hope I am succeeding, I hope I have been able to help someone and I hope my thoughts have been beneficial to others.
I've had a lot of negative things happen in my life. A lot of hurts. I've had a lot of confusion and a lot of doubt. I've struggled with happiness my whole life. And I've watch myself change over time. The world, though its tried, has not made me hard. I've taken the negative, the hurts, and with a lot of work I've been able to twist and turn them into something that has made me soft. My story has taught me compassion. Genuine love and empathy for the human race. I know, so deeply I know, what it is to hurt. And if I could take the all the hurt away from an aching soul I would. I know how it is to suffer. I know how it is to not love yourself. I know what it looks like to be so broken you just want to give up. I've been there. I understand. And I know what it is to rise up again. To struggle and work and bleed and cry and dig your way out of the pit. I know, I've done it. And I'm here to tell you that it is possible. And that you are worth any struggle to rise again. There is hope. There is love. There is reason to try one more day.
This is what my story has taught me. This is what I want you to know.

No comments:
Post a Comment