I think today is just one of those days. It's a beautiful day. The sky is a perfect shade of blue without a cloud in sight. The new leaves are coming out of the trees, flowers are blooming. It's an ideal Spring day. Usually my favorite kind of day. One I would be out and enjoying. But not today.
I missed my psychiatrist appointment this week, I couldn't get out of bed. I'm disappointed I missed it. I rescheduled for a couple of weeks, but still. I really needed to talk to her about weaning me off the Olanzapine. I can definitely feel the difference being on this lower dose. It's so difficult because I like the medicine, it was working for me, but it's increasing my heart rate and I'm gaining too much weight being on it long term like I have been. So I don't know what to do, which is what's wanted to talk to Dr. Barkin about. Now I just need to wait a couple more weeks.
I have my sleep study on the 7th of April. My original appointment got cancelled due to staffing issues, so that sucked. In glad I could reschedule, but in the mean time I'm stuck not sleeping or suffocating while I do.
I've for sure picked a job coach, Tami. I really like her. I've filled out a volunteer application form for the county and am waiting to hear back from that. Volunteering seems to be a good way to get your feet wet in the job setting again. But I'm still so wary of working.
Anyway, schematics.
It's supposed to be nice all week. Maybe I'll get out one of these days and soak in some sunshine. But for today, it's ok to not be ok.

Sorry to hear that things aren't shiny but it sounds like you're still battling your way down the right path. I haven't been enjoying the sunshine much either, but that's normal for me. I'm mildly anti-sunshine so everyone's spring cheer and "enjoy the sunshine!!!" doesn't ping with me. Although I am feeling "up" and I do think it's weather related... Anyways!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the med taper, even when you don't like a med it's a pain in the butt (in my opinion!). I hope the sleep study goes well and it sounds very good that you've picked a job coach (even though I'm not quite sure what that is?) and volunteering is a great idea. I volunteered at an animal shelter in the ISO unit (with the sick cats) so I worked alone, but I still got some face time with people. It didn't phase me into working but it got me out of the house which was excellent too.
It is great to hear from you and I hope you feel better and can get outta bed easier soon, but no rushies. We all have those days. I had quite a few and gained some weight myself this winter, it sucks but that's part of my disorder. Sort of gotten used to the up and down as much as I disdain it!
ANYWAY (I'm so chatty right now it's ridiculous) I am glad to hear from you. All the best. Check out "The Latest Kate" if you haven't already, I follow her on FB and love it! Good vibes :)
Betterer and betterer, we can do it! :)