Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Little Of This And A Lot Of That

I haven't been in the writing mood for a while. I need to change that.

I've been doing ok. I was feeling the effects of winter, of SAD, like in my last post, so Dr. Barkin put me on 75 mg of Wellbutrin, along with my regular meds. I've been on that for about a week now and I can feel it working. I feel better. My labs came back looking really good. My vitamin D was really low though, not surprising since I haven't seen the sun in weeks. Gotta love the Pacific Northwest's winters. But I'll still take rain over snow any day. I've started using my light box almost everyday, hopefully that can help with the vitamin D levels. My thyroid is looking good. It's almost where it needs to be, so that's good news.

I went to the doctor's today to talk about my sleep. I have a hard time sleeping at night, and sleep a whole lot during the day. It's hard for me to breathe through my nose at night, and a good friend of mine told me I snore like a tractor. I'm not sure how to take that. Ha. It is what it is so I went in to talk to Cece. All of these symptoms point to sleep apnea. She said especially being on the Olanzapine that those prone to apnea tend to get it being on that medication. So she's ordering a sleep test for me and we'll see where that goes. I am SO grateful for my insurance that covers everything for me. It's been a miracle and I am so grateful.

I've been approved for social security disability. I cannot tell you how relieved I am, it makes me teary to feel such relief. I should be starting that in January. It will be nice to have my basic needs taken care of while I focus still on fixing my body and my mind. I have a long ways to go still. The lady who helped me fill out the paperwork said almost everyone is denied the first time applying, but I wasn't. I got approved and quickly too. I am again so grateful.

I also got approved for services through the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, and am meeting with a counselor in January to go over some job opportunities. I still want to be a contributing member of society and do what I can.

All good things!

Zach and I are doing the 12 Days of Christmas to one of his former coworkers who has some sad stuff to deal with and remember around the holidays. This is my most favorite Christmas tradition. Tomorrow is the last night. We haven't been caught yet! I hope it's helped to brighten his December a little bit. I know it's brightened mine.

Well that's all I can think of for now. I hope everyone has a pleasant holiday. Stay safe and stay warm. Merry Christmas.




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your wellness journey is still heading in the right direction and that disability went smoothly! That is amazing, I never hear that going easily for anyone! Happy Holidays, I hope we both get miraculous doses of Vitamin D for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete